Do Home Laser Devices Work to Re-Grow Your Hair?
do home laser devices work to re-grow your hair?
By treating the base of the hair follicles, red-light energy can stimulate and re-energize the mitochondria of the cells. Mitochondria are the “powerhouses” of cells, reviving them is effectively the same as breathing new life into a retired power plant. Once recovered to the point of healthy function, the mitochondria can reproduce by themselves and repair the scalp just like they were meant to. This results in noticeably thicker, healthier hair and, eventually, even new hair growth from previously dormant follicles. Low-Level Laser Therapy really does work!
Getting the Dosage Just RightLow-level laser therapy depends upon regular use and consistent “dosages”. Because of this, any high-quality LLLT device needs to have some means of ensuring proper application, lest any benefit of the treatment become lost due to improper use. When used exactly as your provider has recommended, LLLT will produce coherent stimulation all across the scalp, resulting in a treatment that is perfectly safe, totally painless, and actually effective. The correct dosage will mean optimal absorption of healing red light, healthier hair, and a happier scalp.
5 Ways LLLT Re-Grows Your Hair
At-home devices deliver cool-temperature Low-Level Laser Therapy directly to the scalp at the follicle to help you re-grow hair. Here are five of the most notable ways in which this therapy can have a massively helpful effect on the quality and health of your hair:
1. Inhibits 5-alpha Reductase5-alpha reductase is the enzyme responsible for converting the common sex hormone, testosterone, into the hair loss hormone known as DHT (dihydrotestosterone). Researchers have found that the more 5-alpha reductase enzyme a person has, the more likely they are to suffer from hair loss. The lasers inhibit the production of 5-alpha-reductase in the user, thereby halting the conversion of testosterone into DHT. This in turn slows and eventually halts the loss of hair due to DHT.
2. Activates Shock ProteinsHeat shock proteins are known to aid in cellular health. In the scalp, the shock protein known as HSP27 is utilized. The LLLT technology works to activate this specific shock protein and others, allowing them to boost hair follicle stem cell growth. Essentially, this process encourages hair re-growth at the innermost layer of the cell, the outer root of each sheath, and within the top layer of skin (at the epidermis cells where a structural protein called keratin is produced).
3. Boosts Oxygen DeliveryLaser devices boost oxygenation to every cell of the scalp. When the low-level infrared lights interact with your scalp, the laser separates two key factors of the hair loss equation: nitric oxide (NO) and an enzyme known as cytochrome c oxidase (CCO). These elements then bind together, moving oxygen on a cellular level and lowering cellular respiration. As a result, more life-giving oxygen is delivered to hair follicles along with essential nutrients for new hair growth.
4. Increases Blood FlowAs the cells of your scalp begin to receive more oxygen, the small capillaries of your scalp are finally allowed to “breathe”. Nitric oxide acts as a vasodilator, helping to widen the tiny blood vessels. Old blockages are released and the flow of blood increases even as the delivery of oxygen is improved. This process is often referred to as vasodilation and, as you might imagine, it is vital to the growth of new hair and considered a foundational requirement for sustainably healthy hair.
5. Causes Acute InflammationInflammation is a natural response of your immune system and can be used to encourage hair regrowth. While too much inflammation can contribute to hair loss (remember our discussion regarding fibrosis and calcification, smaller “doses” can be significantly beneficial to the hair growth process. The focused effect of red light on the scalp helps to instigate this helpful form of inflammation, thus aiding in the growth of new hair without becoming uncomfortable or resulting in any negative side effects.
Shop Our At-Home Laser Devices- CLICK Here!
- Grows new, healthy hair
- Doubles the follicle size of existing hair
- Slows down and stops hair loss
- Hands-free operation allows the user to carry out other tasks during treatment
- Suggested at-home use is 30 minutes every other day