Things To Know Before You Go – Laser Hair Removal
Things to know before you go - laser hair removal
Follow these guidelines:
- Come to your appointment squeaky clean- do not use any lotions, oils, creams, make-up, deodorant, etc. on the area(s) to be treated the day of your appointment.
- Shave the area(s) to be treated 24-48 hours prior to your appointment. A $15-30 charge will be added to your service if the technician has to shave your treatment area(s).
- Do not wax or tweeze between treatments, the follicle of the hair must still be present for treatments to be effective.
- For at least 2 weeks prior to your treatment avoid sun exposure, tanning beds and artificial tanning products.
- You should use SPF of 30+ daily while going through treatments.
- Avoid topical products that can cause photosensitivity to the treatment area(s) for 3-5 days prior to treatment.
- Examples: alpha/beta hydroxy acids, salicylic acid, glycolic acid, retinols, and benzoyl peroxide **ask your technician, prior to your appointment, if you have questions about products you may be using
- Let your technician know if you have started any medication that may cause photosensitivity prior to your appointment.
- Typically for laser hair removal to the face area: You must wait at least 14 days after having aesthetic treatments such: Botox, filler injections, chemical peels, or microdermabrasion. For more invasive aesthetic treatments like laser resurfacing and micro-needling it is recommended to wait 4 weeks before being treated.
- Avoid heavy sweating for 24 hours post treatment
- Saunas, hot showers, strenuous exercise, hot tubs, etc.
- Laser Hair Removal cannot be done over tattooed skin.
- Laser Hair Removal requires 6-8 treatments for an optimal outcome.
- Treatments can be done every 4-6 weeks.
- This treatment does NOT work on blonde, red or grey hair.